Get Ready for the 2024 Capital Region Blues Network IBC Blues Challenge!
CRBN IBC Challenges For 2024 IBC:
- Band Challenge – The Diego Mongue Band are our winners!
- Solo/Duo Challenge – September 17, 2023 @ Caffe Lena, Saratoga Springs featuring:
- The Zarvis Brothers
- Trevor Collins
- Nomination to the International Blues Competition (IBC) in Memphis, January/February 2024 (Dates TBD)
- Cash prizes to be used only towards expenses for the trip to Memphis:
- Band - $1,500 cash
- Solo-Duo - $750 cash
- Submit your entry to Richard Green: [email protected]
- To enter performers should submit a recording of their material. Most formats accepted e.g. MP3, YouTube link, SoundCloud link, CD (please ask for mailing address) etc.
- Submit a minimum of 2 but no more than 4 songs (at least one song must be an original composition)
- Submit a brief bio listing the performers and their instruments (and/or vocals)
- The CRBN Board of Directors will select up to 4 contestants to compete
Deadline For Entries:
- Band Challenge Deadline: CLOSED
- Solo-Duo Challenge Deadline: CLOSED
- A band is considered to be any combination of 3 or more performers whereas a solo-duo act is one or two performers
- At least one performer must be a current CRBN member. (Go to www.crbn.org/membership)
- Must have at least one original song
- Must play primarily blues music (the definition of what qualifies as “blues” is broad and we do not have a strict definition).
- Must be available for the challenge:
- The challenges will be in the afternoon, approx. 2 – 6 pm.
- Performers may be required to be at the venue for sound check as early as 11am.
- Must be available to travel to the IBC in Memphis (dates TBD but typically late January/early February)
- Must be prepared to abide by IBC competition rules
- Must live in the area served by CRBN
- No performer can have been nominated for a Blues Music or WC Handy Award
The Blues Foundation:
"Our Mission is to preserve blues heritage, celebrate blues recording and performance, expand worldwide awareness of the blues, and ensure the future of this uniquely American art form."
For more information about the Blues Foundation's programs, the HART Fund, BMA Awards, The Blues Hall of Fame Museum and more, visit them at www.Blues.org